Hi everyone! Long time between posts! I’ve been sharing things on Facebook lately, but I’ll be back with tons on new content in the next few weeks! In the meantime – PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK! That is where the latest news has been getting shared!
Coming soon on this page…I’ll catch you up on my last 3 trips to Walt Disney World Resort and my first Disney Cruise Line experience! Also to come:
Avatar Flight of Passage
The Disney Wonder
My 36 hour, kid-free trip
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn Resort
More of your favorite characters in the parks
Fun dining experiences
Exciting news and updates from Disney Parks!
Thanks for stopping by and for reading Sprinkling Pixie Dust! Please be sure to like my Facebook page for even more news and updates!
DECEMBER! How is it DECEMBER?! Here in the North East it has been cold and rainy – so I guess it’s starting to feel like the end of Autumn….and what does that make me dream of even more??? My upcoming Disney vacations, of course! 2017 will also mark my first Disney Cruise Line vacation – I just can’t wait! I’m learning so much about all that goes into planning and all that I’ll get out of a Disney Cruise – and let me tell you – it’s AMAZING! My friends, the Finch family just got back from their latest Disney Cruise! They have vacationed on both the Disney Magic and the Disney Dream, and Jacqueline has graciously written a DOZEN DISNEY CRUISE LINE TIPS LIST for us!
Here are Jacqueline’s tips – thanks Jacqueline!!
1) Don’t miss the sail away party. It is such a great feeling to now officially be on vacation. I had the opportunity to sail out of NYC this last time and that was phenomenal. Sailing past the Statue of Liberty and under the Verrazano Bridge was amazing. Sailing out of Port Canaveral is wonderful too. The sail away show is great fun. During this party be sure to get the drink of the day and pay for the cup. You pay a little more the first time since it comes with the souvenir cup but then you bring it back throughout the cruise and pay only $4.75 for refills of the drink of the day each day. These drinks were always awesome and you can’t beat $4.75 for the large size drinks that come in the cup.
2) Book a placeholder early in your trip. Did you know that if you put $250 down you can then get 10% off of a future sailing and up to a $200 shipboard credit? You only need to sail within two years of booking the placeholder and you don’t need to pick a specific cruise date now. However, these lines can be very long towards the end of the cruise so make sure to do it early on.
3) If you are into photos like I am, the all prints and digital package is well worth it. I came home with almost 200 prints as well as a CD with all of the images on both of my trips. These are professional quality photos with the characters or family photo shoots before dinner. Photographers are even available on the private island for some beautiful pictures! If you order this before you leave, there is a discount. I found it well worth it.
4) Order room service. The “All Hands on Deck” is a favorite for my family. It is a cheese and crackers platter, but it is small. So, if your whole family will be sharing this to either tide you over for late (Second Seating) dinner or as a late night snack after Main Seating dining, order 2 or 3 of them. Another favorite is Mickey ice cream bars as well as warm cookies and milk.
5) See all the shows. The entertainment is phenomenal! Don’t miss any of the big productions, but really every show in the Walt Disney Theatre was great. If you can, try to squeeze in some of the 7:30 shows such as “So You Think You Know Your Family”. We did that one and had so much fun with it. My son and husband won that game show!
6) Try to get away for an adult show or two in the late evening. I have laughed so hard I thought I would cry. I was even hypnotized!
7) The adult only restaurant, Palo, is great! I have tried both brunch and dinner. Both were wonderful and although I loved the chocolate soufflé with dinner, I would have to say, if I had to choose, I preferred brunch. The wide selection, one to one service and spectacular views were just fabulous.
8)Utilize the kids clubs. They love it and you get some adult time. My daughter was ten this last cruise and she was able to go into the club for 11-14 year olds. That is hit or miss, depending on how full the club is but she loved being able to go to both clubs depending on the activity. I just had to go the first day and sign something to get her in since there was room. If you are in late dining, they will even pick up your children towards the end of the meal and bring them to the kids club if they are in the younger kids club.
9) It is so much fun to dress up the family for Pirate Night. Be sure to see Jack Sparrow. He is hilarious!
10) Did you know that you can bring on the ship up to two bottles of wine per adult over the age of 21 or a limited amount of beer? These are to be enjoyed in your stateroom and must be brought on in your carry on luggage. Sorry, no hard alcohol. There are both wine and beer packages aboard as well. We got a wine package to enjoy with dinner and the servers brought the corked wine from dining room to dining room.
11) If on the Magic or Wonder, be sure to try the Schwarma at Pete’s Boiler Bites. It is terrific! The pizza at Pinocchio’s Pizzeria is fabulous on all ships as well. If on the Dream or Fantasy, be sure to ride the nearby AquaDuck again and again. It is so much fun!
12) Do a tasting. They offer wine, champagne, whisky and chocolate tastings as well as mixology classes. I have done the chocolate and liquor tasting as well as mixology classes. Both were great but mixology wins for awesome adult fun!
For more information about Disney cruises, please check out Disney Cruise Line’s Official website: here!
Here’s some more news that’s come across my desk that I wanted to share!
This week marked the 45th anniversary of Magic Kingdom Park! Disney Parks Blog has really done a great job covering this event – including posts on new discounts, downloads, and celebrations! You can read about it all (here), (here), (here), (and here)!
This Fall my “baby” turns 3! We asked her if she wanted a birthday party with her little 3 year old friends or if we should all go to Disney on Ice…she immediately chose Disney on Ice and the whole family is thrilled! Here’s a link that will tell you all about the shows and when they’ll be near you! (read here)
Now that it’s October, the holidays are closer than ever! Did you know you can subscribe to a Disney Park Pack and receive a new Ear Hat Ornament every month?! What a great gift to yourself or another Disney fan! (read here)
This fun article takes a look at what the characters in your favorite Disney animated movies may have chosen to post on Instagram had they been able to! (read here)
There’s a chill in the air up here in the North East USA – makes me think about booking a trip somewhere warm…and a cruise on the Disney Wonder seems perfect! Disney Parks Blog gives you a special look at all the improvements and additions coming to the Disney Wonder this Fall! (read here)
Hope you enjoyed these articles – let me know which ones you liked best! I’ll keep sorting through the good and the bad to bring you the best Disney updates in My Disney Desktop!
Here’s some more news that’s come across my desk that I wanted to share!
The Wonder – part of the Disney Cruise Line – will be getting tons of improvements this Fall (read here) – plus a new Frozen show to enjoy while on board (read here)!
So this video is awesome…but it leaves me desperately wanting to do this myself!
I originally found out about this video (here). If you can’t manage to pull together something as awesome as this on your own – you can take part in a (costly but cool) Signature Photography Experience at Disneyland (read here).
If you are planning a trip in 2017, be sure to read this great post that explains the 2017 Dining Plan offerings – it answers tons of the questions I often hear from people (read here).
If this summer heat is getting to be too much for you (like it is for me) – read about this new addition heading to one of the Walt Disney World Resort’s Water Parks! (read here)
And lastly – I thought I’d leave you with a story of good will the NYPD did…they sprinkled pixie dust (read here)!
I haven’t had the chance to spend time on a Disney Cruise yet – but my dear cousin and her family (including her almost 7 year old daughter) were able to last month – told me all about it – and let’s just say I AM READY TO BOARD! My cousin and I are similar in that when we tour Disney we like to do as much as we can and see it all! So since the cruise has a lot more relaxing time built in, she does prefer Disney on land to that at sea. However, even with that she did have so much to share with me (and now with you) about the magic of The Disney Magic! Here’s her review: Continue Reading