Hi everyone! Long time between posts! I’ve been sharing things on Facebook lately, but I’ll be back with tons on new content in the next few weeks! In the meantime – PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK! That is where the latest news has been getting shared!
Coming soon on this page…I’ll catch you up on my last 3 trips to Walt Disney World Resort and my first Disney Cruise Line experience! Also to come:
Avatar Flight of Passage
The Disney Wonder
My 36 hour, kid-free trip
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn Resort
More of your favorite characters in the parks
Fun dining experiences
Exciting news and updates from Disney Parks!
Thanks for stopping by and for reading Sprinkling Pixie Dust! Please be sure to like my Facebook page for even more news and updates!
This Disney Friend Friday we’ll say hello to Doc McStuffins!
This Disney Junior star is a hit in our home! We sing along to her CD in the car, watch both her original episodes and now the new “Doc McStuffins: Toy Hospital” series, and this Christmas the Doc Toy Hospital was found under our tree!
We’ve always enjoyed meeting up with Doc at Hollywood Studios! She has a meet and greet in the Animation Courtyard, is part of the super show “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” and is currently making the rounds at breakfast and lunch at the Disney Junior Play and Dine meals at Hollywood and Vine (note that after May 13th the Disney Junior gang will only be meeting guests at breakfast.) In exciting Doc news – as of February of this year, Doc is now making appearances outside of the vet clinic at Rafiki’s Planet Watch in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
If you’re looking to spend some time with Doc between your trips to Walt Disney World Resort, you can watch her on both the Disney Channel and Disney Junior. You can also check her activities and videos by clicking HERE.
Sprinkling Pixie Dust is about to turn ONE! I can’t believe that it’s been a year since I took the plunge and started to write this blog. It has flown by – which is no wonder, since I have been having the BEST time bringing you the latest from Walt Disney World Resort and beyond!
February my blogging slowed down a little as I was actively helping a bunch of friends plan their winter vacations to Walt Disney World. I learned so much from helping them plan their trips. I was able to research things that my children aren’t ready for yet and consider different styles of vacationing and touring – I loved it!
This year I’ll be taking my family one step deeper into the experience! We purchased these!!!
Annual Passes! So for the next 12 months, we’ll have even more access to all that Walt Disney World has to offer. We’ve already visited the parks for 4 days and have 3 more trips booked for the year (including a cruise and a holiday bucket list trip)…and I can’t wait to put a few more on the books! Adventure is definitely out there for us this year!
March 26th marks the anniversary of my first post and I’d love to mark that special occasion with your help! Part of what I love about my blog is that I can share what I’ve done and learned at Disney so that others can benefit from it. I mean, I want EVERYONE to have the most magical time when they visit Disney World – I want everyone making tons of return trips to ensure that Disney will continue to thrive and stay open for generations and generations! (I’m pretty spoiled that Disney has always been around in my lifetime – I can’t imagine a world without it!)…and I love when people contact me, leave comments or post and share on my Facebook page – it helps me know what people find most helpful and lets me know my words aren’t just floating out in the cloud somewhere.
So…here’s the deal! March 26th marks 365 days of blogging – and I would love to have grown my blog to 365 followers by then. So, please share this post with your friends and family…tell them about Sprinkling Pixie Dust and what you like best about it! Then tag them in the comments on this Facebook post and ask them to like the page! Every person who recommends my page this way will be entered to win a $100 Disney Gift Card! A winner will be selected at random on March 26th at Noon (EST).
Thank you for your support and excitement this past year – it has truly been a magical blogging journey and I can’t wait to see all that this next year will bring!
This past month I’ve had the privilege of starting a Girl Scout Troop for my daughter. I have loved every second of reconnecting to the Girl Scout world I was a part of as a child and introducing it to a wonderful group a girls.
Wouldn’t you know it – Disney has collaborated with the Girl Scouts to create an “Inspiring Leadership Guide” featuring Elena of Avalor! This guide can be used by anyone – so if you wanted to check it out and use it at home, here is a link where you can learn more and download the guide for free! (click here)
The Girl Scouts were included in Princess Elena of Avalor’s Royal Induction Ceremony at Magic Kingdom Park. One scout received the 1st Scepter of Light Award!
Today’s Disney Friend Friday is a belated celebration of Winnie the Pooh Day! Last week we celebrated this silly old bear on his creator, A.A. Milne’s birthday – January 18th!
What did you do to celebrate? Play a game of pooh sticks? Make some honey cakes? Perhaps take a fun Winnie the Pooh quiz like this one from Disney Parks Blog (click here)? For me, we watched a marathon of the latest Disney Jr. show to delight my kids, “My Friends Tigger and Pooh”!
This new show has become my favorite Winnie the Pooh entry in the Disney canon!
Winnie the Pooh is such a classic character and you can find him throughout Walt Disney World Resort! He will stop by your table for a visit at 2 dining locations. First, during all meals at The Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom, and second at The Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at the 1900 Park Fare restaurant in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Here’s some more news that’s come across my desk that I wanted to share!
This weekend, Epcot debuted the Epcot International Festivals of the Arts! You’ll find visual, performing and culinary art delights! You can read more about it (click here).
Speaking of Epcot…this beloved park may be going under a transformation. Read about some announcements and rumors (click here).
There’s been a change up with the release of 2 long awaited sequels. You can read about it (here).
Many people ask me about ways to enjoy Walt Disney World Resort while not in the parks. Check out the new Highway in the Sky Dine Around (click here).
The new Magic Bands have started to arrive! Check out the new bands and let me know what you think about the new design! Mine should be arriving any day now – so for now you can read about it when you click here…or take a peek here:
Hope you enjoyed these articles – let me know which ones you liked best! I’ll keep sorting through the good and the bad to bring you the best Disney updates in My Disney Desktop!
Last year we surprised our kids and booked a trip with about 10 days notice to Walt Disney World Resort. It was the last year the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights would be appearing at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and it was one of those Disney Bucket List items I NEEDED to cross off my list. It didn’t disappoint! The moment Santa Goofy helped flip the “switch” to turn the lights on, we were instantly transported to a different level of magic. The lights literally danced along to the beat of the Christmas music, “snow” fell from the sky and every step you took along the Streets of America enchanted you over and over again. My camera phone pictures do not do justice to this majestic spectacle – but I wanted to try to share a little of the magic I was able to experience with you, since sadly it is no longer running. Enjoy – and HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
DECEMBER! How is it DECEMBER?! Here in the North East it has been cold and rainy – so I guess it’s starting to feel like the end of Autumn….and what does that make me dream of even more??? My upcoming Disney vacations, of course! 2017 will also mark my first Disney Cruise Line vacation – I just can’t wait! I’m learning so much about all that goes into planning and all that I’ll get out of a Disney Cruise – and let me tell you – it’s AMAZING! My friends, the Finch family just got back from their latest Disney Cruise! They have vacationed on both the Disney Magic and the Disney Dream, and Jacqueline has graciously written a DOZEN DISNEY CRUISE LINE TIPS LIST for us!
Here are Jacqueline’s tips – thanks Jacqueline!!
1) Don’t miss the sail away party. It is such a great feeling to now officially be on vacation. I had the opportunity to sail out of NYC this last time and that was phenomenal. Sailing past the Statue of Liberty and under the Verrazano Bridge was amazing. Sailing out of Port Canaveral is wonderful too. The sail away show is great fun. During this party be sure to get the drink of the day and pay for the cup. You pay a little more the first time since it comes with the souvenir cup but then you bring it back throughout the cruise and pay only $4.75 for refills of the drink of the day each day. These drinks were always awesome and you can’t beat $4.75 for the large size drinks that come in the cup.
2) Book a placeholder early in your trip. Did you know that if you put $250 down you can then get 10% off of a future sailing and up to a $200 shipboard credit? You only need to sail within two years of booking the placeholder and you don’t need to pick a specific cruise date now. However, these lines can be very long towards the end of the cruise so make sure to do it early on.
3) If you are into photos like I am, the all prints and digital package is well worth it. I came home with almost 200 prints as well as a CD with all of the images on both of my trips. These are professional quality photos with the characters or family photo shoots before dinner. Photographers are even available on the private island for some beautiful pictures! If you order this before you leave, there is a discount. I found it well worth it.
4) Order room service. The “All Hands on Deck” is a favorite for my family. It is a cheese and crackers platter, but it is small. So, if your whole family will be sharing this to either tide you over for late (Second Seating) dinner or as a late night snack after Main Seating dining, order 2 or 3 of them. Another favorite is Mickey ice cream bars as well as warm cookies and milk.
5) See all the shows. The entertainment is phenomenal! Don’t miss any of the big productions, but really every show in the Walt Disney Theatre was great. If you can, try to squeeze in some of the 7:30 shows such as “So You Think You Know Your Family”. We did that one and had so much fun with it. My son and husband won that game show!
6) Try to get away for an adult show or two in the late evening. I have laughed so hard I thought I would cry. I was even hypnotized!
7) The adult only restaurant, Palo, is great! I have tried both brunch and dinner. Both were wonderful and although I loved the chocolate soufflé with dinner, I would have to say, if I had to choose, I preferred brunch. The wide selection, one to one service and spectacular views were just fabulous.
8)Utilize the kids clubs. They love it and you get some adult time. My daughter was ten this last cruise and she was able to go into the club for 11-14 year olds. That is hit or miss, depending on how full the club is but she loved being able to go to both clubs depending on the activity. I just had to go the first day and sign something to get her in since there was room. If you are in late dining, they will even pick up your children towards the end of the meal and bring them to the kids club if they are in the younger kids club.
9) It is so much fun to dress up the family for Pirate Night. Be sure to see Jack Sparrow. He is hilarious!
10) Did you know that you can bring on the ship up to two bottles of wine per adult over the age of 21 or a limited amount of beer? These are to be enjoyed in your stateroom and must be brought on in your carry on luggage. Sorry, no hard alcohol. There are both wine and beer packages aboard as well. We got a wine package to enjoy with dinner and the servers brought the corked wine from dining room to dining room.
11) If on the Magic or Wonder, be sure to try the Schwarma at Pete’s Boiler Bites. It is terrific! The pizza at Pinocchio’s Pizzeria is fabulous on all ships as well. If on the Dream or Fantasy, be sure to ride the nearby AquaDuck again and again. It is so much fun!
12) Do a tasting. They offer wine, champagne, whisky and chocolate tastings as well as mixology classes. I have done the chocolate and liquor tasting as well as mixology classes. Both were great but mixology wins for awesome adult fun!
For more information about Disney cruises, please check out Disney Cruise Line’s Official website: here!
Thank you to everyone who entered our Mickey & Minnie inspired Disney Collection by Jamberry Giveaway Contest! I am pleased to announce, that the winners (selected at random) of the nail wraps are…
Erin – Mickey
Renee – Minnie
Congratulations Erin & Renee! I’ll be contacting you via the email address you left to ask for your mailing addresses!
Thank you to my friend and Advanced Jamberry Consultant, Kerri, for generously providing us with the giveaway nail wraps! Remember, you can always purchase these Disney Collection by Jamberry nail wraps by visiting her website – just click here!
As always, thank you again to everyone for following SPRINKLING PIXIE DUST!
Today’s Disney Friend Friday celebrates our favorite pair’s birthdays – Mickey & Minnie Mouse! 88 years ago, on November 18th, Mickey & Minnie made their on screen debut in Steamboat Willie. Oh My Disney, shares some Mickey facts you may enjoy…including Mickey’s 1st spoken words on screen! Check it out (here) and let me know how you view the closing song of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse now…hmmm…
To celebrate, let’s have a giveaway contest – this time with 2 winners!
My friend Kerri, is an Advanced Jamberry Consultant and generously donated 2 sets of nail wraps from the Disney Collection by Jamberry! These wraps are super easy to apply and LAST! You can check out her site, which has tons of amazing Disney nail wraps by clicking here!
So let’s have fun celebrating these magical birthdays – enter to win!
Entering the contest is as easy as 1-2-3:
Comment below with either “Mickey” or “Minnie” depending on which set you hope to win!
Want a 2nd chance to win? Sure! “Like and follow” Sprinkling Pixie Dust’s Facebook page – click here -(if you already “like” the page, go straight to step 3).
Comment below with the words “I like you!” and either “Mickey” or “Minnie”.
**Deadline to enter is Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 at Noon (EST) – one winner will be selected at random.**
Good Luck everyone, and thank you for following Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!