This past month I’ve had the privilege of starting a Girl Scout Troop for my daughter. I have loved every second of reconnecting to the Girl Scout world I was a part of as a child and introducing it to a wonderful group a girls.
Wouldn’t you know it – Disney has collaborated with the Girl Scouts to create an “Inspiring Leadership Guide” featuring Elena of Avalor! This guide can be used by anyone – so if you wanted to check it out and use it at home, here is a link where you can learn more and download the guide for free! (click here)
The Girl Scouts were included in Princess Elena of Avalor’s Royal Induction Ceremony at Magic Kingdom Park. One scout received the 1st Scepter of Light Award!
Today’s Disney Friend Friday is a belated celebration of Winnie the Pooh Day! Last week we celebrated this silly old bear on his creator, A.A. Milne’s birthday – January 18th!
What did you do to celebrate? Play a game of pooh sticks? Make some honey cakes? Perhaps take a fun Winnie the Pooh quiz like this one from Disney Parks Blog (click here)? For me, we watched a marathon of the latest Disney Jr. show to delight my kids, “My Friends Tigger and Pooh”!
This new show has become my favorite Winnie the Pooh entry in the Disney canon!
Winnie the Pooh is such a classic character and you can find him throughout Walt Disney World Resort! He will stop by your table for a visit at 2 dining locations. First, during all meals at The Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom, and second at The Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at the 1900 Park Fare restaurant in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Last year we surprised our kids and booked a trip with about 10 days notice to Walt Disney World Resort. It was the last year the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights would be appearing at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and it was one of those Disney Bucket List items I NEEDED to cross off my list. It didn’t disappoint! The moment Santa Goofy helped flip the “switch” to turn the lights on, we were instantly transported to a different level of magic. The lights literally danced along to the beat of the Christmas music, “snow” fell from the sky and every step you took along the Streets of America enchanted you over and over again. My camera phone pictures do not do justice to this majestic spectacle – but I wanted to try to share a little of the magic I was able to experience with you, since sadly it is no longer running. Enjoy – and HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
DECEMBER! How is it DECEMBER?! Here in the North East it has been cold and rainy – so I guess it’s starting to feel like the end of Autumn….and what does that make me dream of even more??? My upcoming Disney vacations, of course! 2017 will also mark my first Disney Cruise Line vacation – I just can’t wait! I’m learning so much about all that goes into planning and all that I’ll get out of a Disney Cruise – and let me tell you – it’s AMAZING! My friends, the Finch family just got back from their latest Disney Cruise! They have vacationed on both the Disney Magic and the Disney Dream, and Jacqueline has graciously written a DOZEN DISNEY CRUISE LINE TIPS LIST for us!
Here are Jacqueline’s tips – thanks Jacqueline!!
1) Don’t miss the sail away party. It is such a great feeling to now officially be on vacation. I had the opportunity to sail out of NYC this last time and that was phenomenal. Sailing past the Statue of Liberty and under the Verrazano Bridge was amazing. Sailing out of Port Canaveral is wonderful too. The sail away show is great fun. During this party be sure to get the drink of the day and pay for the cup. You pay a little more the first time since it comes with the souvenir cup but then you bring it back throughout the cruise and pay only $4.75 for refills of the drink of the day each day. These drinks were always awesome and you can’t beat $4.75 for the large size drinks that come in the cup.
2) Book a placeholder early in your trip. Did you know that if you put $250 down you can then get 10% off of a future sailing and up to a $200 shipboard credit? You only need to sail within two years of booking the placeholder and you don’t need to pick a specific cruise date now. However, these lines can be very long towards the end of the cruise so make sure to do it early on.
3) If you are into photos like I am, the all prints and digital package is well worth it. I came home with almost 200 prints as well as a CD with all of the images on both of my trips. These are professional quality photos with the characters or family photo shoots before dinner. Photographers are even available on the private island for some beautiful pictures! If you order this before you leave, there is a discount. I found it well worth it.
4) Order room service. The “All Hands on Deck” is a favorite for my family. It is a cheese and crackers platter, but it is small. So, if your whole family will be sharing this to either tide you over for late (Second Seating) dinner or as a late night snack after Main Seating dining, order 2 or 3 of them. Another favorite is Mickey ice cream bars as well as warm cookies and milk.
5) See all the shows. The entertainment is phenomenal! Don’t miss any of the big productions, but really every show in the Walt Disney Theatre was great. If you can, try to squeeze in some of the 7:30 shows such as “So You Think You Know Your Family”. We did that one and had so much fun with it. My son and husband won that game show!
6) Try to get away for an adult show or two in the late evening. I have laughed so hard I thought I would cry. I was even hypnotized!
7) The adult only restaurant, Palo, is great! I have tried both brunch and dinner. Both were wonderful and although I loved the chocolate soufflé with dinner, I would have to say, if I had to choose, I preferred brunch. The wide selection, one to one service and spectacular views were just fabulous.
8)Utilize the kids clubs. They love it and you get some adult time. My daughter was ten this last cruise and she was able to go into the club for 11-14 year olds. That is hit or miss, depending on how full the club is but she loved being able to go to both clubs depending on the activity. I just had to go the first day and sign something to get her in since there was room. If you are in late dining, they will even pick up your children towards the end of the meal and bring them to the kids club if they are in the younger kids club.
9) It is so much fun to dress up the family for Pirate Night. Be sure to see Jack Sparrow. He is hilarious!
10) Did you know that you can bring on the ship up to two bottles of wine per adult over the age of 21 or a limited amount of beer? These are to be enjoyed in your stateroom and must be brought on in your carry on luggage. Sorry, no hard alcohol. There are both wine and beer packages aboard as well. We got a wine package to enjoy with dinner and the servers brought the corked wine from dining room to dining room.
11) If on the Magic or Wonder, be sure to try the Schwarma at Pete’s Boiler Bites. It is terrific! The pizza at Pinocchio’s Pizzeria is fabulous on all ships as well. If on the Dream or Fantasy, be sure to ride the nearby AquaDuck again and again. It is so much fun!
12) Do a tasting. They offer wine, champagne, whisky and chocolate tastings as well as mixology classes. I have done the chocolate and liquor tasting as well as mixology classes. Both were great but mixology wins for awesome adult fun!
For more information about Disney cruises, please check out Disney Cruise Line’s Official website: here!
Thank you to everyone who entered our Mickey & Minnie inspired Disney Collection by Jamberry Giveaway Contest! I am pleased to announce, that the winners (selected at random) of the nail wraps are…
Erin – Mickey
Renee – Minnie
Congratulations Erin & Renee! I’ll be contacting you via the email address you left to ask for your mailing addresses!
Thank you to my friend and Advanced Jamberry Consultant, Kerri, for generously providing us with the giveaway nail wraps! Remember, you can always purchase these Disney Collection by Jamberry nail wraps by visiting her website – just click here!
As always, thank you again to everyone for following SPRINKLING PIXIE DUST!
Today’s Disney Friend Friday celebrates our favorite pair’s birthdays – Mickey & Minnie Mouse! 88 years ago, on November 18th, Mickey & Minnie made their on screen debut in Steamboat Willie. Oh My Disney, shares some Mickey facts you may enjoy…including Mickey’s 1st spoken words on screen! Check it out (here) and let me know how you view the closing song of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse now…hmmm…
To celebrate, let’s have a giveaway contest – this time with 2 winners!
My friend Kerri, is an Advanced Jamberry Consultant and generously donated 2 sets of nail wraps from the Disney Collection by Jamberry! These wraps are super easy to apply and LAST! You can check out her site, which has tons of amazing Disney nail wraps by clicking here!
So let’s have fun celebrating these magical birthdays – enter to win!
Entering the contest is as easy as 1-2-3:
Comment below with either “Mickey” or “Minnie” depending on which set you hope to win!
Want a 2nd chance to win? Sure! “Like and follow” Sprinkling Pixie Dust’s Facebook page – click here -(if you already “like” the page, go straight to step 3).
Comment below with the words “I like you!” and either “Mickey” or “Minnie”.
**Deadline to enter is Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 at Noon (EST) – one winner will be selected at random.**
Good Luck everyone, and thank you for following Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!
My family loves watching all of the adventures Elena and her family and friends experience! For those of you that don’t know Elena, but think “Avalor” sounds familiar – it should! Sofia the First wears the Amulet of Avalor…connection??? There sure is!…of course when Elena first premiered back in July – we heard she had been freed from the amulet – but there wasn’t an episode that told us how…and then on Sofia the First all of a sudden Sofia’s amulet and dress were now pink?!?! Sure, I googled it and found out the back story – but FINALLY, NEXT WEEKEND, on Sunday, November 20th, the tv movie “Elena and the Secret of Avalor” will premiere on both the Disney Channel and Disney Junior and everyone’s questions should be answered!
Later that week, Crown Princess Elena will start meeting guests in Princess Fairytale Hall in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort. Currently she has a show on the Castle Stage, where Cinderella welcomes her and then Elena picks up her guitar and sings her popular song “My Time”. I imagine that once the meet and greet begins, the Castle show will end.
Here’s a picture of Elena from this summer, when we caught her show!
Last month I had a wonderful 4 night stay at Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter! I had read many reviews with people raving about this “moderate” Walt Disney World Resort hotel and wanted to see it for myself. My verdict?…The reviews were correct! This hotel was a perfect mix of Disney’s magic, detail, and hospitality!
The resort is on the small side – so returning home from the parks made me feel like I was returning home to my little neighborhood. The feature pool was immaculate and I even tried the pool slide – something I haven’t done since I was a teen – I loved it! For my youngest daughter – the newly redesigned water splash area (complete with mini water slides of it’s own) was a dream come true! During this visit the main dining hall, Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, was under contruction, so we had to make due with the temporary “pop up” type restaurant. There was bus service available to the neighboring hotel, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, and we enjoyed a meal at their food court and got to enjoy the different vibe of that hotel!
We focused our trip on the parks, so we didn’t leave room in our schedule for some of the other recreational activities that French Quarter had to offer, but I’m hoping to give them a try on a future visit!
Here’s a “Wordless Wednesday” type look at this special Walt Disney World Resort Hotel!
Meeting Terk, Tarzan and Jane was tons of fun. Terk played around, Tarzan was constantly trying to look into every treat bag people had and discover new things and learn new words, and just like in the movie, Jane was quite the talker. That particular evening she told me all the trouble the humidity was causing her hair. Such a fun character interaction! (Please note, that you can meet Tarzan, without Terk and Jane at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.)
It’s time for another Disney Friend Friday! Only this time it’s 7 friends!
I had such a fun time meeting the 7 Dwarfs at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) this week! It’s not every day you can meet all 7 at once!… In fact, at Walt Disney World Resort you can only meet all of them together during MNSSHP and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. You can also see them walk by and give them a wave during the Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom Park, which usually takes place at 3pm, but you should check the Times Guide or the My Disney Experience App to confirm.